Review Poewovens herringbone river ringsling
100% Tencel® Light Green & Bright Blue, Approx 300 g/m2
This Poewovens ringsling came to me all the way from the united states and when Poewovens send you something it comes with a fantastic gift! Maple sugar candy, the most delicious candy I've ever tried! Such a shame I can't buy those here in France.
The ringsling arrived super soft and the color is just so pretty and basic at the same time. Tencel is such a lovely blend to have in a wrap as it's so soft and yet very supportive and also very breathable and airy to use here in France where I live where the summer can be really really hot.
I've been using this ringsling now for about a month or 2,3 and it has become my favorite ringsling, and with that also my sons favorite, he constantly asks to be carried in it, which, I'm not going to deny, I love very much. Which babywearing mom wouldn't love it when her 2.5 year old just comes over and 'asks' to be wrapped!
I have only tried this sling with my 2.5 year old but it's so so soft that I'm 100% sure this will be a perfect newborn sling. This one is without a doubt coming with me to the hospital in 3 months when our second baby is born, yay for a little squich close to mommy the first day of his/her life, right?
The fabric of this sling is like I already mentioned very soft and floppy, but at the same time very supportive, it is very mouldable to your baby's body whitout getting saggy to quickly, which I like a lot.
I have tried a lot of ringslings and some wraps are just not suitable to be used as a ringsling because the fabric just doesn't slide easily through the rings which makes it difficult to quickly tighten and loosen your sling, or just the other way around, the fabric is to slippery and doesn't stay in place, and who wants a sling you have to tighten every 2 minutes, not me that's for sure!
This herringbone wrap is to me the perfect ringsling, it is easy to pull through the rings and has the right amount of grip to keep the fabric from slipping back again.
I know, I'm bragging about this sling now, but well I just love it and it's the sling my son keeps getting of of the shelf so I'm pretty sure he loves it to, I just hope he is up to sharing when he becomes a big brother.
Now let me tell you a little bit about ringslings in general. (And this is my personal opinion about ringslings).
I love ringslings with older babies and toddlers for quick ups, it's so easy when you have a baby that is already walking or running around. They constantly want up/down/up/down/up/down, well you know how it is ;) A ringsling is very easy to just keep around you while on a walk to put your baby in, adjust the rings a little and there you go, if they want to walk again, just pull the rings down a little get baby out and off they go again. I also use my ringslings a lot to quickly go in to a store when I only need a few things and am not using a cart, it's just so easy and fast to put your baby in for those quick ups. You still have your hands free to carry what you need and don't have meters of fabric to knot for those 5 minutes you have to carry your baby.
But, I never really use a ringsling for longer then 15/20 min as it quickly hurts my shoulders, I have tried lots of different blends and brands of ringslings and they are just not for me for long walks. The most supportive ringsling I tried up till today is this poewoven one, thank you tencel!
I started using ringslings when my son was about 1 year old so I can't say yet if I like it with a newborn as I haven't used it often enough with a newborn, only a few quick ups with my friend's baby's. I will let you know in a few months if I like it or not.
If you want more info about how to use a ringsling, you can have a look at this great tutorial video from poewovens on 'how to use a ringsling', it gives you a great visual and step by step guide on how to use your ringsling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0dAJeOEll8
Ok back to poewovens now.
Poewovens is an American based and machine woven brand. Poewovens was founded in 2013 by Nancy Sunderland who is still the sole owner of this lovely brand. You can go have a look at their site http://www.poewovens.com/ wraps and ringslings are sold here.
Also check out their official facebook page and facebook fangroup 'poe precinct', for more info and to stay informed about sales and new releases.
https://www.facebook.com/PoesieTissee/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PoePrecinct/
And off course, I have loads of pictures of this lovely poewoven herringbone river ringsling that lives with me here in France.
Detailed pic of the herringbone patern with the poewoven label.
And yes like I said a ringsling is perfect for when your baby is not being wrapped to keep yourself warm or just to have a a nice scarf ;)
And yes this sling is very daddy approved here at my house. My husband doesn't really like using wraps as it is to much of a hassle for him, but he does use a ssc a lot and from time to time he uses a sling. I love how my 2 boys look together, all the love for daddy babywearing!!
No comments:
Post a Comment