Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Review pellicano baby heartweave wraps

Review pellicano baby heartweave wraps

100% coton, approx. 280 gr/m

After being a huge fan of pellicano since the beginning I though it would finally be time to get a review of 2 of the wraps I own from this brand that I love so so much.
Pellicano baby released it's first heartweave machinewoven wrap at the end of 2015 since then a couple more have been released, I own a size 6 sunsubiro and a size 4 marinea. both wraps are 'wrap quality'-wise almost the same, that's why I'm making one review for both of them.

The reason Pellicano baby is my favorite brand, is the bright and happy colors, as you know from my previous reviews on other wraps and brands I love colors in my wraps. If you look in my dresser you can see my clothes are very boring, lots of white and black and sometimes some yellow or red never anything to flashy. Well my wraps are something different, I always loved color but am to shy to wear flashy shirts or trousers and get to much attention, but when I'm babywearing I feel confident and I like to show that through the wraps I use.

So, let's talk about the wrapping qualities of these heartweave pellicano baby wraps.
What you notice even before washing them for the fist time is how unbelievable soft they are, like a soft blanket. The 2, 100% coton ones I have don't need any breaking in time, you wash them, iron them and they are soft straight away. I wrapped a 3 month old aswell as my son in marinea and my son of 2.5 years old with sunsubiro and these wraps are perfect for both toddlers and newborns, I have used both wraps a lot since they came to live with me, so I tried a lot of carries with both by now, both are great and very supportive with my todder in single as well as multi-layered carries. The wraps are very mouldable so perfect for nice chestpasses in backcarries and also great to put around a newborn to get a cosy cocoon around them. They have a nice amount of stretch and a little bounce when wrapping. I also really like that the wraps aren't to slippery, thanks to the texture of this weave all passes stay in place and are great to use with slingrings as you don't have to retighten them every few minutes. I like to use rings to finish my carries lately, and with these heartweaves I like them even more, as the finish is much smaller with a slingring then with a knot. When making a knot you easily have a bulky knot and especially when your wrap is a bit heavier or blanket like. A slingring is then perfect to get a nice finish.
These wraps I think are perfect for every time a year except for our hot summer months here in the south-west of France, as they feel a bit blanket like they are a little to hot for me to wrap with when the temperature goes above 30 degrees. I like a thinner coton or even better a linen, or hemp blend more when it's to hot, or I use a ssc or onbu when it's really really hot.

Pellicano baby is a Polish brand, wraps are released through there site with timed releases where fastest fingers are very usefull. All wraps are machine woven in very limited amounts.
Here is the link to their site on internet:  http://pellicanobaby.com/
Pellicano baby also has a facebook page where they announce all the releases. https://www.facebook.com/Pellicanobaby/?fref=ts
If you want to know more and love to see pictures of more of their wraps you can also go have a look at their fanpage, there is one for only spam and one for bst purposes here are the links to both.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PellicanoBabySpam/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pellicanobaby/


Enough said now let's check out these lovely wraps in the pictures below.

first up is sunsubiro:

 
 
 
followed by the lovely marinea

















No comments:

Post a Comment