Review of Bijou wear Baskerville Shadow
27% tencel and 73% cotton, 290gr/m, size 5
I got this wrap straight from headquarters in Kansas which means I got to see it go from loom to bloom.
This wrap was already soft straight from the box and needs little to no breaking in.
I measured the wrap before washing and again after washing and ironing to get an idea on the shrinking levels of this blend.
I'm
not a big fan of the hounds-tooth pattern in general but with such a big hounds-tooth it's not that noticeable once wrapped up. The color is very
neutral which makes it a great wrap to go with everything, from fancy
dress parties to pj Sunday's.
But let me talk to you
about it's wrapping qualities, those really blew me away from the start.
This wrap is a dream to wrap with straight from the start, if you
dislike breaking in a wrap this is your wrap, if you like a medium thin
wrap but still need support to carry a bigger baby, this is your wrap!
Shadow is a very smooth wrap with not a lot of grip, but a lot of delicious glide. Making multilayered passes with this wrap is really easy but yet it does not lose it's tension. It doesn't lock into place like some wraps do but it slides into place like a perfectly fitted puzzle piece. Like I said above it's a fairly thin wrap but thanks to it's softness it doesn't cut on my shoulders like some thinner wraps do.
This wrap does not have a lot of stretch, but still enough to make a chest-pass easy to tighten.
I tried this wrap with my 16 month old daughter and also with my, soon to be, 4 year old. And it passed the test for both of them, no problem wrapping either of them and very comfortable with no shoulder pain with my big boy.
To sum it all up, I really liked testing this wrap, I would recommend it for beginner wrappers and also for experienced wrappers, soft to wrap a tiny little squish and also strong enough to wear a wiggling toddler. This is an overall wrap to have to fancy up your pj's or to go out and match your party dress.
https://bijouwear.com/
Here some of the pictures we made with this wrap. Credit to Miriam Valogne of mixing little things for the great pictures, the top 2 pictures are my own selfie pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment