Translate

Friday, April 13, 2018

Review sestrice carrier geo mountain top

 Review Sestrice carrier geo mountains


You all know I’m a fan of the wrap brand Sestrice, so when I saw they where bringing out a carrier I just had to get my hands on one to try out. The carriers come in 2 sizes, a standard size and a plus size.
Both are adjustable in height and seat wide. I got to test the standard size and will hopefully try the plus size soon aswell.

The standard size can be used with children from 3 months and up, but if you have a small baby it might take a little longer for them to fit in it. I tried with the 3 month old boy I nanny who is on the small side of the charts and the seat was still a little to wide for him to fit comfortably but I’m sure he’ll fit in a month or 2. I used this carrier almost every day since receiving it, with my 18 month old daughter who fit’s perfectly.
The wide of the carrier adjusts by pulling tight or letting go the straps which are located on both sides at the bottom of the back panel of the carrier.
The height adjusts the same way, these straps are located on both sides at the top of the back panel of the carrier just below the shoulder straps.
The carrier’s straps (shoulder straps aswell as chest and waist belt) are also very adjustable to fit caretakers of all sizes. My husband carried our daughter in it yesterday to go to the farmers market, his shoulders are much wider then mine but after some adjusting we found a perfect fit for him aswell.
The waistbelt is curved to follow your body’s curves perfectly, same goes for the curved shoulder straps to give the utmost comfort. The waistbelt and shoulder straps have a nice amount of padding in them to make them soft to wear even for longer walks. There is also a nice amount of leg padding so baby’s legs are comfortable aswell. The thickness of the padding in the sestrice carrier is the same thickness as the padding of tula carriers, to give you a comparing point.
Let’s check the safety clips next. The waistclip has a 3-point safety clip and an elastic safety on it. I’m not a fan of the 3 point safety clips as I like to be able to unclip with just one hand, but they are safer then the 2 point clip systems. The chestclip is different then any other carrier I have tried up till now and we love it! Both sides slide into each other and stay into place thanks to a little magnet that is incorporated into the system. The chest strap slides up and down on a reinforced fabric rail on the shoulderstraps to always get it at the perfect height for every wearer.
I choose for the geo mountain top design and it looks stunning on this carrier. The carriers all come with a pair of sucking pads and a detachable hood.
To recapitulate, this is a very well made carrier with very safe buckles, price-quality is also great as this is a full wrapconversion carrier for 165 euro's! I tried a lot of carriers and know that confortability in a carrier depends from person to person, but this is the most comfortable carrier for my body I have tried up to now.
Can’t wait to try a carrier plus.

Here is the link to the site where these carriers are sold:
https://www.sestrice.com/collections/carrier

Below you will find a few pictures of my 18 month old in the carrier and also some detailed pictures of all the pieces of the carrier that I mentioned above.







The backpanel on full width, and backpanel on the smallest setting.

Backpanel, on the largest height and backpanel on the smallest height setting


hood attachement


chest clip open and closed



reinforced fabric rail on which the chest clip slides up or down and picture of the 3-point safety clip on the waistbelt of the carrier


picture showing the curved shoulderstraps and curved fwaistbelt



Here is also a quick video of how to put your baby in a front carry.




And here are 2 videos of how I put my 18 month old in a backcarry. First one is using a superman toss, second one is with a hipscoot.











No comments:

Post a Comment