Translate

Friday, August 18, 2017

Review Mima handwovens

Review Mima handwovens
100% coton, 350 m/gr, size 5 (4.30m)

I had the chance to test a wrap of this lovely handwoven brand Mima handwovens.

When I opened the package I was very pleasantly surprised to see such beautiful bright colors. I love colors in my wraps so this was just perfect for me. The weave of this wrap is pretty loose and the treads are pretty thick which make the wrap a little see-through. The wrap is heavy weight but feels in hand like a medium weight wrap and is so unbelievably floppy, just a dream to wrap with.

Wrapping wise it just wraps itself thanks to it's floppiness. The thicker treats used give this wrap a lot of relief. And thanks to the lose weave there is a lot of stretch to play with. It's very easy to tighten and to get nice passes that stay in place thanks to the thicker treats used in the weaving. I like a bit of stretch in my wraps but this one had just a tad to much to my liking.
I think this wrap would be perfect for almost all seasons except high summer here in south west of France where it is a bit to warm in high summer to wear this wrap. It's a bit blanket-like which makes it to warm to wear comfortably.

To conclude, I really liked this wrap and the colors are just so so beautiful!!

Mima handwovens are woven in Serbia where the company is located.
You can go have a look at her beautiful work on her mima handwovens facebookpage https://www.facebook.com/mimahandwovens/
Or have a look at her internet site http://www.handweavingbymima.com/index.html

Below you can find a few pictures of this handwoven wrap in action

 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment